Snapchat is known for being a temporary form of communication: here one second, gone the next. There are many reasons why you might want to delete such an app, not least the controversial 2018 Snapchat update that saw the platform redesigned in a way that most users find, well, downright obnoxious.
How to delete Snapchat account (Video)
How to delete Snapchat account
Firstly, make sure you really want to delete your account. However you feel, know that it’s not a huge decision, as the app is easy enough to re-install and set-up again. In fact, Snapchat keeps hold of your data for 30-days – a kind of reverse ‘cooling off’ period that allows you to experience a Snap-free life, without the risk of losing everything.
- Go Here from any browser (you can’t delete the account from the actual app).
- Enter your username and password.
- Check the box to confirm you are not a robot.
- Select “Log in”.
- Enter your username and password once again.
- Select “Delete my account”, all the way at the bottom.
- You are done! Snapchat will keep all your data for 30 days, just in case you want to return. If that is the case, simply log back in to reactivate your account.
How to reactivate your Snapchat account
If you’ve had second thoughts about deleting your Snapchat presence, you can reactivate your account in a jiffy.
- Open Snapchat on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap Log In.
- Log in with your old Snapchat username and password.
- Tap Yes when Snapchat asks if you’d like to reactivate your account.
- Tap OK.
- Snapchat will send you an email when your account has been reactivated. When it has been, Log In to the Snapchat app.
Snapchat gathers three types of information from you:
- Information you give to Snapchat. For example: the personal details you submit when creating an creating account.
- Information that is collected when you use Snapchat. For example: the types of content you share, the phone model on which you use Snapchat, your contacts list, etc.
- Information from third parties. Since Snapchat owns/works with other companies, any information gathered by Snapchat or these third parties may be exchanged so that Snapchat can create a more comprehensive profile of you.
How does Snapchat use your information?
Snapchat uses the information they collect from you to personalize your Snapchat experience and show you targeted ads. But if you feel that Snapchat ads are being overly intrusive, you can let Snapchat know by filling out the Snapchat ad feedback form.
Ultimately, remember that:
- Any content you share may be used for commercial and promotional purposes
- You are responsible for managing your personal information online